Amsterdam University Press (AUP) has been a pioneer in Open Access publishing for many years. One-fifth of our books are published as Open Access, as are the majority of our journals in immediate or delayed Open Access.
Commitment to Open Access
We aim to make Open Access publishing available to as many researchers as possible. As one of the founding partners of OAPEN, we now provide many options for publishing books and journals in Open Access.
- From 2015-2020, we published 180 Open Access Books
- 600 Open Access Books
- 8 Diamond Open Access Journals
- 17 Delayed Open Access Journals
- 5 Subscribe-to-Open (S2O) Journals. S2O is a new, Plan-S compliant model adopted by AUP, the first scholarly publisher in the humanities and social sciences to do so.
Choice and Availability
Our books and journals are published on state-of-the-art platforms.
- De Gruyter
- Directory of Open Access Books (DOAB)
- Ingenta Edify (aup-online.com)
- Open Research Library (ORL)/Knowledge Unlatched (KU)
Head to our designated pages for Open Access Books and Journals.